A man who knows!!!

"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself."
Samuel Butler

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Understanding Architects!!!

Excuse me as I vent a bit!!!
As I sit in our computer labs, once again having to restart my project i find myself wondering why i ever wanted to be an architect in the first place!!!
These men who almost hold themselves in royal stature because they think they have the power to mold the world obviously don't realise that our unappreciative, impatient generation will probably not know who the majority of these men are or of what they have designed in the future and if this will be the case is not all architectural studies a waste of time, should we not be studying art, the origions of architecture, where it was artists creating architecture and not the other way around. And therefor in our attempts to create a better world we are leaving it soulless and impersonal. A copy of anothers work instead of the individual expression of the artist. I think there are very few architects achieving this today, cudos to you and.......... where are you - I need help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment